- 1 box or pkg dry ziti pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain & rinse in cold water. In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat, drain off greas. Meanwhile saute the garlic in the skillet with a touch of olive oil. (Do not burn) Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.