Sunday, July 8, 2007

Butterfinger Cake

  • 1 butter flavored cake (baked in a 9 x13 pan as directed)
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 large jar caramel sauce
  • 3 large Butterfinger candy bars
  • 1 large tub cool whip

Make the cake as directed, let stand 20 min. Poke holes (with the end of a wooden spoon) in the cake approx. 2 inches apart . Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake ( I make sure lots get in the holes). Heat up the caramel in the microwave till its runny, again pour over cake. Let cake cool completely. Crush up the Butterfinger in a food processor (or if you are like me and need to get rid of some frustrations, pour yourself a glass of wine and take a hammer to them. Works fine either way.) Sprinkle over cooled cake. Spread cool whip over top of the cake. It's best to put all of the cool whip in the middle and spread it out to the sides.

This cake is the only thing I bring to potlucks, I tried taking something different and everyone screamed because I didn’t bring "THE CAKE"
Don’t ask me where I got this recipe, I have no clue.


Kristi M

2 comments:

Terri said...

This one is great....Kris gave me this one over a year ago. Very addictive. Thanks!!!

Kristi said...

This was great!! I took it to work today for a cookout and everyone loved it - one even licked the pan clean.... I had to give out the recipe 2xs already